Be Careful When Following the Crazy Yellow Brick Link Trai

Links, what are they? When you go to a website, the links are the bits of information that when clicked will take you to another site similar context. The thing is, with these strange and mysterious human minds of ours that we know so little, these links if navigated subconsciously can be one of the information that you would normally never get to places. You could start light and end up in a black hole. Let me give you an example of a little path I went without thinking.

The other day I decided to search a web site in one of my favorite musicians of time, Arlo Guthrie. Arlo Guthrie is a folk musician, son of another famous musician Woody Guthrie. When I was a little kid, one of the best things to do was hear his story / song called "The Song of the motorcycle. So I found your website through a Google search and it was pretty cool, and very positive. Guthrie a charity and a center for multi-faith church where money is raised to help people with diseases and give less fortunate people a place to pray, meditate or just running on the street.

So I read all about Arlo in his biography, and a link to his statement in the court of the famous Chicago Seven court case. Well, as I am a young man who had never heard of this case, my curiosity was piqued and I click on the link. Then I read the funny comments when Arlo was arrested for the disposal of waste in an illegal area Thanksgiving because the landfill was closed. Of course, if you know you know that famous Guthrie song "Alice's Restaurant" was based on this story. I reach the end of the court transcript and no link to the website of "Famous Trials as Chicago Seven trial was a page.

Without thinking, I clicked on the site and start idly scanning all famous court cases listed. I remember I was originally looking for my old friend Arlo, now I'm in a world of law and crime. Well, I found this crazy looking face: Charles Manson, and for some reason I click unconscious judgment. I do not know much about the guy, but maybe because my parents are x-hippies and it was his time ...

Now, I spent an hour of my time (and nothing is more precious than time, except love and peace) reading about the horrific murders of the Manson family that his group of devoted followers was called. I do not consider myself interested in these things wrong, and yet do not, my feeling after the experience was one of disgust, sadness and wonder how normal people can do this kind of negative actions.

Ultimately, following the road distracted link took me to a much darker than when I started there. I do not know if I'd never spent an hour of my life reading about Charles Manson otherwise. Not my cup of tea, you know. I'm quiet music, humorous novels, Tai Chi and foreign films. This can be taken as a sign that we must be careful, conscious and alert when we are looking to the Internet. This is a huge amount of information, and like all things in life has its dark side and its light. Warning Dorothy, the yellow brick link trail may lead to the wicked witch and the wonderful world of Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment